Tuesday, December 8, 2009

and so this is christmas...

I absolutely love Christmas. My favourite things about Christmas are (in no particular order); Christmas carols (especially Bruce Springsteen's Santa Clause is Coming to Town - if I could play that all year round, I would), Christmas trees and lights, the festive spirit and energy, spending time with my family, and of course presents (both giving and receiving - I can admit that I love getting presents). I also love all the parties and the eating and drinking that go with them at this time of year. I am generally very healthy - daily yoga practice, eating well (perhaps a little bit too much sugar), cleansing regularly, moderate drinking, loads of sleep, massages, enough sun to get my Vitamin D requirements but not so much to damage my skin, swimming in the ocean - basically I look after myself as well as I can, whilst trying to maintain a balance. However at this time of year, I tend to let go a little and indulge; I drink a little more, I eat a little more, I stay out a little later. And why not?!? It's Christmas after all.
It's all about balance. Enjoy the silly season because it's so much fun and it only happens once a year. And then in January, you can refocus and work towards a more balanced, healthy lifestyle.
So give yourself permission. Don't feel guilty. Enjoy yourself. 

No comments: